Cambridge Exam Preparation
Enroll in the world’s most popular English certificates and study in Canada’s #1 resort city, Kelowna, B.C.
Established in 2002, International Gateway Kelowna is Kelowna’s original and most trusted ESL school.
IGK Cambridge graduates have maintained an 85% pass rate on CAE and 75% on FCE over the past 10 years.
93% of Kelowna residents speak English as a first language compared with less than 50% in Vancouver, Montreal and Toronto. This ‘true’ immersion environment furthers assists students with their preparation for the Cambridge exams.
Over 1 million people worldwide sit Cambridge exams every year.
Cambridge exam results last a lifetime so there is no need to retake the tests.
Cambridge certificates are recognized in Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, all Commonwealth countries, the Middle East, Europe and Africa for university, college and high school entrance.
Many multinational companies use Cambridge exams as standards for employment.
Cambridge programs begin:
January, March, April, June, September and October for 7-13 weeks for ages 16 and up.
- First Certificate (Upper Intermediate level)
- Advanced Certificate (Advanced level)
- Maximum class size is 12 students and the average is 6.
IGK boasts an excellent nationality mix in these programs-European 65%, Asian 20%, Latin American 10% and Other 5%.
On passing the exam students will receive a certificate awarded by the University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations and they will also receive a statement of results, showing how they performed on each of the papers.
International Gateway Kelowna is an official Cambridge testing venue.
IGK Cambridge graduates receive direct transfer without any further ESL to degree and diploma programs at the following partner colleges and universities:
- First College-West Kelowna, Canada
- Focus College-Kelowna, Canada
- Centre for Arts and Technology-Kelowna, Halifax and Fredericton, Canada
- Sprott-Shaw College-Kelowna and all BC locations, Canada
- Ascenda School of Management-Vancouver, Canada
- Florida National University-Miami, USA
- BHMS Hotel School-Lucerne, Switzerland
For further information and registration please contact us at: